Spring 2014 is here and we are gearing up for our second season of Yoga Hikes DC! Ready to hit the trails and take your yoga outdoors again? After the unusually intense DC winter we just experienced, I know I am! But first things first, I must extend a deep and heartfelt thanks to all of you who came out in 2013 for season one of Yoga Hikes DC. You were one of nearly 500 people who joined me for an outdoor yoga and hiking experience in DC or at the Greenbrier in West Virginia. Thank you for making season one so amazing and so much fun. A few rough stats on who you were:
- 85 % of you are women – though the men that have come out have been big fans!
- 50% of you are coming from outside of DC (mainly MD and VA) to hike through DC and in Rock Creek Park
- 85% of you have never gone off the bike path and onto the trails in Rock Creek Park
- 99% of you like photos of yourself doing yoga outdoors – as evidenced by your re-posts on Facebook and Twitter!
- 100% of you love yoga and hiking! 😉
So despite the fact that it’s April and was below freezing last night, I am optimistic that this spring is going to be fantastic. That said, with the hope of having the most comfortable and consistent weather possible, the new start date for the Yoga Hikes DC 2014 season to Saturday, May 17th. Though many of you have expressed an interest in getting out sooner, starting in May worked great last year. Having warm muscles is important for outdoor yoga! Want to get out sooner? Email me for a private or special group outing at email@example.com
In the meantime, I look forward to reconnecting with many of you via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. If you have ideas or feedback for this season, PLEASE don’t hesitate to reach out and let me know. Also, if you are interested in organizing a special outdoor yoga event or a private group Yoga Hike for friends, colleagues, or family, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Happy Spring, everyone!